1. Qualifying permanently disabled citizens are entitled to a 34% discount off the monthly water and sewer service.
2. The low-income Disabled Customer Discount program is available upon application and only applies to monthly water and sewer service rates.
Qualifying Low-income Disabled Customer is defined as:
1. One who is permanently disabled based upon at least one of the following disabilities:
• Cannot walk 200 feet without stopping to rest
• Severely limited in ability to walk due to
arthritic, neurological, or orthopedic condition
• Cannot walk without use of an assistive device
• Uses portable oxygen
• Restricted by lung disease to such an extent
that forced expiratory respiratory volume,
when measured by spirometry, is less than
one liter per second, or the arterial oxygen
tension is less than 60 mm/hg on room air at
• Class III or IV impairment by cardiovascular
disease under the standards accepted by the
American Heart Association
• Legally blind
2. One who rents and resides in the residence where the discounted rate is being requested;
3. Whose residence has a separate water meter;
4. Whose total annual income including that of a spouse or any co-resident(s) does not exceed $30,000.00 per year;
5. Is the named customer on the District’s utility billing; and
6. Whose annual consumption is not in excess of 100 ccf (hundred cubic feet).
Applications for Discount:
1. Applications are available at the Alderwood Water & Wastewater District’s Main Office, or by mail if requested. An electronic version of the application is available for download from the link in the upper right hand corner of this page.
2. The discount program begins September 1, 2011 and discounts will commence on the next subsequent billing date following the receipt and approval of the application by the District. The discount will not be retroactively applied.
3. A Notice of Renewal of Application will be mailed annually before September 1, to those customers currently receiving a discount. The completed renewal application form must be returned within 30 days to avoid expiration of the discount program.